OVERVIEW OF THE YEAR:
- We have classes in PLAYWRITING, DIRECTING, ACTING, AND MUSICAL THEATRE from September - June.
- Winter and Spring class sessions will be added in the mid fall.
- The Conservatory Program, also runs September - June, and is a 9 month commitment, and acceptance is by audition.
- DESIGN / PRODUCTION classes and MASTER CLASSES will be added throughout the year. So, check our site often for new things!
- Camps are offered June - August, and are announced after the New Year.
- PRIVATE STUDENTS are seen year-round.
- PRODUCTIONS AND CABARETS are offered throughout the year.
1) Read this entire page, including the refund/cancellation policy (at the bottom of the page).
2) Visit the CLASSES or PRODUCTION pages and pay for your class(es)/camp(s) using PAYPAL secure payment. We also checks by mail (payable to TAS+SD) and cash/credit cards/checks in person. If you would like to register for private lessons, please email us at: Gayle@TheatreArtsSD.org. Also, if your are eligible for a discount (military, sibling), please email us at Gayle@TheatreArtsSD.org and we will create a Paypal invoice for you so you can receive the appropriate discount.
3) Once we have received your payment, we will send you a REGISTRATION AND RELEASE FORM which you can fill out online.
4) If you have any questions, please email us at info@TheatreArtsSD.org. We want to make your registration process as easy as possible!
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
All classes are taught at the THEATRE ARTS SCHOOL of SAN DIEGO, located at NTC at Liberty Station in the Dance Place Building. Liberty Station has many shops and restaurants for you to visit while your child is in class. There is a Starbucks, Vons, and Trader Joe’s one block from the studio. So, whether you need a caffeine fix, a trip to the grocery store, or a yoga class, those errands can easily be run while your child is in class. Please check out the NTC at Liberty Station and the Liberty Station websites for more details.
We have a green room which is located on the first floor of the Dance Place Building and is comfortable and well-equipped with couches, chairs and tables, a kitchen, and Wi-Fi (small annual fee). This is a great place for parents and caregivers to relax if they don’t need to run errands while their child is in class.
- Military families receive a 10% discount.
- Siblings receive a 10% discount.
- If you enroll in more than one class, you receive a 10% discount. (This does not apply to lessons, master classes, workshops, camps, or productions.)
If you are eligible for a discount and would like to register, please email us at: info@TheatreArtsSD.org.
All payments must be made at the beginning of each month, no later than the student's first class or lesson of the month. Student will accrue a late fee of $25 if payment is more than five (5) days past the first class of the month.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
THEATRE ARTS SCHOOL OF SAN DIEGO, LLC reserves the right to cancel a class/camp/workshop if enrollment goals are not met. If the class/camp/workshop is cancelled, students may transfer to another class/camp/workshop or accept a full refund. Refunds may take up to 30 days from the date of cancellation.
THEATRE ARTS SCHOOL OF SAN DIEGO, LLC is not responsible for providing makeup classes or issuing refunds to students who miss classes/camp days/workshops due to illness, emergencies, or other events beyond our control.
STUDENT INITIATED CANCELLATIONS AND TRANSFERS*
Refunds, credit of fees or transfers to another class/camp/workshop will be given to students unable to attend a class/camp/workshop ONLY when the request is made 10 (ten) days prior to the class/camp/workshop start date. There is a $25 administrative fee for ALL student initiated refunds, credit of fees and transfers. There will be no refunds, credit of fees or transfers to another class/camp/workshop for last minute cancellations. While we understand that circumstances can arise causing a change in your plans, we must adhere to a business policy. Because it is impossible to favor one individual situation or circumstance over another, we must adhere to our policy in all situations and can make no exceptions to our cancellation policy.
****Please note that once you register any PRODUCTION, you are making a commitment to the production. We make every effort to be sure each student has an opportunity to shine onstage. Dropping from the production because you did not get the role you wanted is something we discourage. Each cast member is an important piece of the production puzzle. For this reason, we cannot issue any refunds for any PRODUCTION.